Sunday 15 July 2012

Vintage Life Magazine

Having been a long term enthusiast of vintage and classic films, music and fashion, I was thrilled, during the 2011 Christmas holidays, to finally discover the little bundle of joy that is Vintage Life Magazine.  The saying 'good things come in small packages' has never been more relevant than to describe this treasure chest of all things vintage.  Each issue is packed with fashion ideas, style tips, homeware, interviews, competitions and much much more.  There is something for fans of all vintage eras from 1920's flappers to 1980's disco divas and everything in between.  Vintage companies are well promoted and there are adverts for fayres, shops, online businesses and pop up stores to suit all tastes.  As a bit of a competition freak, one of my favourite things about the magazine is the abundance of competitions.  There are always fantastic prizes to be won and I have won three so far - the best by far being two tickets to see the ultimate vintage musical in the West End, Singing in the Rain which was amazing, despite the typical British weather on the day meaning we were 'singing in the rain' outside the theatre as well as in!!

As a reader of Vintage Life, I have learned how to make delicious cupcakes, discovered how to recreate my eye make up to look like a 1960's goddess, found cheap and natural ways of cleaning my house and discovered fascinating facts about legends such as classic movie costumer designer Edith Head and on screen superstars such as Gene Kelly - these being just a few of the wonderful things I've learned my few short months as a Vintage Lifer.

Having recommended the magazine to several of my vintage loving friends, I am attempting to create a role for myself as ambassador for this fantastic gem and each month I look forward to making the trip to WH Smith (the only stockist other than selected Sainsburys) to pick up my copy.  Everyone who is interested in anything vintage should certainly treat themselves to this wonderful magazine immediately.  Get down to WH Smith pronto.  You won't regret it

Victoria

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment