Thursday 16 August 2012

Women and Men - to groom or not to groom?



Isn't it amazing how something as simple as a haircut can change the way you feel.  For obvious reasons, I've been a bit fed up for the past few days but a visit to my friend, Kelly, for my six weekly haircut and colour has really brightened my mood today.  The picture above shows the end result and you can see from the smile on my face that I'm pleased with it.  Kelly helps of course.  She is not only a great hairdresser but a wonderful person who is kind, thoughtful and so easy to talk to.  So passing the morning away chatting to her whilst she did my hair was just what I needed.

I always think that women are lucky.  We can lighten our mood by getting our hair or nails done, having a facial or a massage or just soaking in a lovely warm bubble bath.  It doesn't seem that straightforward for men. Although there is a much larger market now for male grooming, it is still somewhat of a taboo subject amongst many guys and certainly not something most of them would do to relax and wind down or to cheer themselves up.  Personally, if I could afford it, I would spend many happy hours in the salon getting treatments as I love the way it makes me feel, both during and afterwards.

Saying that, I do think being a man must be so much easier.  For a start, they don't have to spend lots of money on make up and beauty products.  They don't have to waste precious time each morning doing their hair and putting on their 'face'.  And they certainly don't have to worry about shaving their legs!!!  Bliss!!!  But all that aside, I'm still happy to be a girl.  I love experimenting with a new hair colour, a new shade of lip gloss or even a new beauty treatment.  I enjoy the trappings that come with femininity.  And I definitely enjoy sitting in my friend's lovely home, watching her beautiful children and her crazy dog whilst she cuts my hair like I did this morning.  Thanks Kelly.  I'll see you in six weeks for another dose of smiles and kindness.  I'll be looking forward to it.

Victoria

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment